Position Title: Social Service Coordinator
Location: Wallingford Road, Brighton
Reporting to the Site Manager/RN, the Social Service Coordinator will be responsible for providing social services to Adult Day Health Wallingford applicants, participants and their families which include, but are not limited to: intake assessments for ADH applicants; crisis intervention, counseling for ADH participants; case management for all ADH applicants and participants including supportive counseling, evaluation of in-home service needs, and linkage with community resources; support and education to family members; coordination of other HRC services, and assistance with discharge planning when required. Advocate for ADH clients who request admission to the RSU, MACU and long term care and collaborate with appropriate staff in those departments.
• * Participate in all program transition times, including daily arrival and departure, participant transporting, meals, activity set-up and clean-up.
• Assist in all transition times throughout the day.
• Participate with ADH team in planning and organizing special events.
• * Lead or co-lead activity groups or discussions as needed.
• * Participate in care planning activities and Adult Day Health team meetings.
• * Complete initial social work evaluation and complete required social work documentation for all day program participants.
• * Provide ongoing assessment of participant’s psychosocial needs and functioning in order to determine and monitor goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
• One or more years experience working with the elderly or in the adult day health field preferred.
• Bilingual English and Russian speaking required.
• Ability to be flexible and autonomous in managing workload.
• Proficient in the use of pertinent computer software/systems.