In collaboration with PI and other researchers, carries out activities on research projects in aging and geriatric frailty syndrome, which may include interviewing older adults, conducting functional assessments, as well as working with datasets. Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results. May exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to projects. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Strong organizational skills required. Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years related experience preferred.
• Conducts in-person and telephone interviews and functional assessment of older adults and patients.
• Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
• Reviews medical literature and participate in scientific writing.
• The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, which would be in conformity with the level of the position. Completes special projects as assigned.
• B.S. degree in scientific disciplines; 2-3 years of related clinical research experience preferred.
• Must be professional, proactive, collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented individual. Must have an optimistic and positive demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills, good intuition and able to adapt to changing priorities and display good, sound judgment with a sense of humor.
• Must have superb organizational skills and solid analytical skills. Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined, discriminating and able to streamline work volume in order to maintain bottom line efforts in midst of multi-tasking and daily re-prioritizing. Must have ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle even difficult situations.
• Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Additional experience with statistical packages (e.g., SAS, Stata, or R) are preferred.
*This is a 2 year position*