Provide clerical support to Billing/Collection team for all service lines, including hospital LTCH (Long Term Acute Care), long term care, skilled nursing, outpatient, and adult day care. Duties include account set-up, maintenance and management, insurance verification, billing statement preparation and submission, logging and routing incoming mail, preparation of outgoing mail. Requirements include one to two years of related experience, proficiency with PCs and systems, analysis and basic math skills, and excellent attention to detail. Experience with Medicaid collections and the Meditech information system is preferred.
Ongoing account management:
• Monitor accounts for changes and maintain the accuracy of insurance payors in Meditech.
• Sort and file correspondence, scan admission folders and pull out closed accounts for proper filing/archiving,
• Prepare and submit daily, mid-month, and monthly billing statements to patient/family for all services (Inpatient LTC, MACU (Medical Acute Care Unit), SNF (Skilled Nursing Facility), Outpatient Clinics and Rehab, Adult Day Health.
Ongoing billing and collections:
• Update Long Term Care Insurance accounts and prepare monthly billing statement.
• Use NEHEN to verify MassHealth recipients’ eligibility daily.
• Prepare special private statements as needed.
• Prepare patient billing letter: follow-up letters for patient accounts, notification of room rate and PPA changes, and others.
• Record daily check receipts and deliver to Accounting department for deposit, and Billing/Collection personnel to post payment into patient accounts.
• Review overdue accounts and prepare bad debt write-off document.
• Direct patient/family questions regarding problems with their account to Billing/Collection personnel.
• Process all incoming MassHealth correspondence and deliver them Billing/Collection personnel to follow up.
• Other related duties as required.
• One to two years of related experience required.
• Proficiency in PC/Excel/Word, basic math skills, attention to detail, analytic ability, organization skills, and maturity are required
• Health care hospital billing and collection experience preferred. Meditech systems experience preferred.