The Case Manager is responsible for coordinating the care of an assigned panel of patients.
- Comprehensive understanding of case management goals.
- Self-motivated, committed to quality patient experience.
- Ability to negotiate, procure and coordinate services and resources for patients and families with complex issues.
- Continual contact with primary care providers, payer sources, patients and families.
- Sensitivity to competing interests of patients, care team and payers.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Develop professional and trusting relationships with patients, families and staff.
- Use creative problem-solving to meet the needs of others.
- Act as an advocate on behalf of patients as needed or appropriate
- Communicates with patients/families/visitors and staff in a manner that conveys respect, caring and sensitivity.
- Responsible for communicating and responding to issues and problems within a timely and efficient manner.
- Responds to patients in all situations with a calm, sensitive and supportive approach.
- Work as a member of the team by pro-actively working to meet patient need
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Meet all requirements as outlined by regulatory and licensure standards.
- Function as a team player inter/intradepartmental