1) Clinically reviews all medication orders to ensure that medications entered into the patient’s profiles are safe for administration. Assessment should include, appropriate drug selection, medication allergy, dose, route of administration, diagnosis, relevant laboratory results, therapeutic duplication, drug interactions and age of patient.
2) Intervenes with appropriate health care professional when necessary, and documents clinical interventions consistent with departmental policy.
3) Appropriately reviewed and verified orders into the Pharmacy Information system with attention being paid to how this medication will be administered by the nurse
4) Supervises pharmacy technician and interns to ensure that the daily needs of our patients are being met. Educate technician and interns as to safe medication practices.
5) Provides drug information to medical staff and patients upon request or when need is apparent. Documents request into the intervention database in accordance with departmental policy
6) Responsible for day-to-day management of drug distribution, including all controlled substances, IV medications, extemporaneously compounded medications, repackaged medications and investigational drugs.
7) Responsible for understanding and utilizing all technology to accomplish the above.
8) Serves as a liaison between pharmacy department and any health care provider
9) Pharmacists are responsible for their own professional development including, meeting all requirements for continuing education, keeping abreast of current professional literature, both from a clinical and medication safety perspective.
10) Actively participates in continuous performance improvement activities of the department, including providing suggestions on how to improve day-to-day operations
11) Performs assigned projects in a efficient and timely manner
12) Demonstrates competency in all practice areas in which pharmacist duties are performed. Has completed all required departmental competency requirements.
13) Incorporates Hebrew Senior Life Mission statement and goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Hebrew Senior Life Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Hebrew Senior Life.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy with a current MA registration in Pharmacy.
License/Certification/Registration: Must possess a valid MA pharmacist license.
Required Training: Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet the requirements of this job description.
Successful completion of HRC orientation.
Successful completion of BASICS annual competency test