As a part of the Security Team at HRC - Roslindale, the Van Driver is responsible for the safe transportation of patients, staff, volunteers, and assisting family members primarily from Roslindale, and some from other HSL sites, on trips into the community, utilizing the van purchased by HSL or other HSL vehicle. Reports any needs for van maintenance.
*Hours are Monday 8am-11:30am and Friday 8am-2:30pm*
• Follow schedule for trips into the community, keeping the staff person who coordinates the van schedule informed of changes in the driver’s availability.
• Safely transport patients and staff, as well as volunteers and family members who are assisting, on trips into the community.
• Report any issues with the functioning or safety of the van.
• The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license.
• Has a record of safe driving.
• Experience with driving the elderly to errands or various events, and assisting them getting in and out of a vehicle.
• Demonstrates courteous, friendly and helpful approach to our elders, staff, volunteers and family members.
• Knowledge of the roads in the Greater Boston area preferred.
• Knowledge of mechanics of the van preferred.
• Ability to operate the van, including the wheelchair lift.
• Tolerance for driving, sitting and/or walking for the duration of the trip.