Tours assigned areas on foot to ensure a safe and secure environment and to check for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons, and or safety/fire hazards.
Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to the Security Supervisor on duty or Assistant Manager, Security.
Responds to emergency situations and requests for security assistance as needed in the facility and on grounds.
Assists local, federal and state law enforcement agencies as necessary.
Provides support as needed for emergency situations involving medical staff.
In addition, demonstrate a strong commitment to the philosophy and goals of the mission of Hebrew Senior Life and recognize patient dignity and choice in aspects of daily life. Work with team to meet all needs of the facility by actively participating with the work and social environment. Actively engage patients/staff/visitors to create a positive and meaningful experience while providing safe and efficient quality of care.
• Responds to alarms and security emergencies
• Responds to requests for security assistance, including but not limited to: door unlocks, escorts, alarms.
• Completes required activity logs, incident reports and performs safety audits of the facility as directed by management or prescribed in the post orders.
• Completes tours of assigned area as prescribed in post orders.
• The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, which would be in conformity with the level of the position. Completes special projects as assigned.
• High School degree or G.E.D. required.
• Strong customer service experience
• Prior security experience preferred.
• Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Obtain Non-Violent Crisis Prevention certification annually once employed by Hebrew SeniorLife.
• Must be professional, proactive, collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented individual. Must have an optimistic and positive demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills, good intuition and able to adapt to changing priorities and display good, sound judgment with a sense of humor.
• Superb organizational skills. Must have solid analytical skills. Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined, discriminating and able to streamline work volume in order to maintain bottom line efforts in midst of multi-tasking and daily reprioritizing. Must have ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle even difficult situations.
• Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change.
• Must possess the ability to type 45 WPM.
• Computer literacy required; experience with databases, Access, Excel,
Powerpoint, Word and Windows O/S for data entry and reporting.