Reporting to the Controller, this position will coordinate the accounts payable function at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center. In addition to providing excellent customer service and ensuring timely and accurate payments to our vendors and employees, this position requires an individual who can interact with our many customers and drive process improvement throughout the organization.
• Coordinate all aspects of the accounts payable function including but not limited to:
o Opening and sorting AP mail daily.
o Match supporting documentation to AP checks.
o Mail AP checks weekly (approximately 125-150 per week).
o File on a weekly basis vouchered AP invoices and check requests as back up and support for check issuance.
o Monitor invoices for proper coding and approval.
o Perform data entry of invoices and credits into Meditech AP system.
o Communicate with vendors and staff regarding payments.
o Track and resolve discrepancies on vendor statements.
o Demonstrate proficiency in using personal computer, including knowledge and skill in the use of the Windows operating system and pertinent software applications such as:
• Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)
• Word Processing (Microsoft Word)
• Meditech – Preferred
o Assist with telephone coverage and mail delivery for department as needed.
o Perform other related duties as required or as directed by the Disbursements Manager.
o Prepare and file annual tax form 1099’s
• Work with accounting staff to ensure that expenses are accurate, properly categorized and recorded in the proper period.
• Work with managers to ensure that policies and procedures are followed and that best practices are implemented.
• Perform other related duties as required or as directed by the Controller
• 5 to 7 years of Accounts Payable experience. 2 to 3 yrs in a lead or coordinator role.
• Ability to process a large volume of transactions accurately.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated proficiency in using a personal computer, including knowledge and skill in the use of the Windows operating system and pertinent software applications, such as word and excel.
• Meditech experience would be a plus.
• You must be highly detail oriented and organized, and have strong communication skills.
• A strong personality and respectful personality with the ability to effect change.