The Clinical Systems Analyst serves as a technology liaison relating to assigned applications between the business owners, IT and vendors as necessary. This includes implementation of new software systems as well as having a working knowledge of clinical and/or operational workflows in order to better optimize current systems. The Clinical Systems Analyst will act as an escalation point for application issues from the Helpdesk and business owners.
- Main point of contact relating to assigned applications
- Identifies problems and their root causes, their impact on operations and escalates to Technical Operations as necessary.
- Shared Project Team leadership responsibility. Working with the Team Lead and/or Project Manager to
o Update Project List
o Enlist necessary IT resources
o Create Test and Validation Plans
o Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time
- Creates and maintains troubleshooting documentation for supported applications as appropriate.
- Involved in Departmental and Operational Meetings as well as IT Change Control.
- Ability to work independently and collaborates with team members and business owners when necessary.
- Attends formal user groups and regularly attends local vendor conferences.
- Any other duties as called upon by manager.
Bachelors or equivalent work experience in business or technology related field.
3 to 5 years IT Healthcare experience working with Meditech
Experience with Meditech Physician Documentation and Nursing (PCS), supporting MDs, Nurse Practitioners and other Nursing Staff.
Experience with other Meditech clinical areas like Rehab/Theraphy, Laboratory, Radiology, and Pharmacy.
Project Management and Project Leadership, familiarity with Lean methodology.
Microsoft office proficiency.