The Exercise Therapist will provide exercise programming, guidance and motivation to HSL LTCH patients involved in the Circle of Fitness (CoF) gym–based program and other LTCH
Restorative Exercise programs. The position may include participation in, and support of, the Rubenstein Unit-Based Exercise (RUBEX) program and exercise supervision of clients enrolled in Hebrew Rehabilitation Center’s “Get Up & Go” Outpatient exercise program.
In the absence of the Immediate Supervisor, the Exercise Therapist will be supported and supervised by the Manager of Outpatient Exercise and Wellness.
▪ Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances,
which may include exposure to unpleasant odors, sights, and sounds.
▪ Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
▪ May be exposed to infections, contagious diseases and blood bor ne
▪ Gloves, gown, and mask as necessary.
▪ Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing or walking.
▪ Positioning, transporting and/or transferring patients.
▪ Lifting supplies, equipment.
▪ Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in related health field such as Exercise Science or
▪ Two to six months of prior experience providing clinical exercise
programming for older adults in an LTCH and/or community setting.
▪ Excellent critical assessment skills.
▪ Proficient verbal, written and computer skills
▪ ACSM Health Fitness Instructor or Exercise Specialist certification