Hebrew SeniorLife in Roslindale is currently looking for Culinary Associates to join our dynamic team! We are currently offering:
12 hour Positions
24 Hour Positions
32 Hour Positions
*Must have flexible weekend availability*
• Breakdown dining room and run dirty plates and utensils through dish machine
• Clean cooking equipment in kitchen
• Transport food and non food items to and from assigned country kitchen as directed.
• Understand and follow nutrition guidelines as determined by clinical staff are followed.
• Understand and follow all Kosher regulations.
• Plate and serve all food properly according to the established recipes, utilizing proper portion control.
• Knowledge and understanding of menu’s and recipes.
• Work with Manager Culinary and Ancillary Services on menu changes
• Knowledge and execution of proper food handling
• Knowledge and execution of portion control
• Communicate production needs to the Manager Culinary and Ancillary Services
• Communicate waste to the Manager Culinary and Ancillary Services so proper adjustments can be made
• Communicate quality and food experience to the Manager Culinary and Ancillary Services
• Garnish all plates, presentation is important
• Hold all food at proper temperatures to ensure food is presented attractively.
• Cover, label, and date all food to be stored in the refrigerators and freezers.
• Clean, sanitize, and maintain all work areas, storage areas, utensils and equipment according to the latest regulatory (state, federal and Kosher) requirements.
• Clean all dishes and tableware for each meal, and return all equipment to the proper storage space.
• Take food and supply inventory daily (or as directed) and provides storeroom staff par stock order as directed.
• Maintain the temperature log system, and follow up with appropriate staff upon if results fall outside the boundaries.
• Recognize problems and work towards improving systems and procedures.
• Inform supervisor or manager of any problems relating to missing or defective equipment.
• Attend regular meetings as assigned.
• Perform additional related duties as directed.