**Available outpatient locations include: Brookline, Canton, Randolph, Revere, Dedham, and Roslindale**
Become part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary and engaging team in a nationally recognized organization! Work one-on-one with a diverse and geriatric case load in our collaborative environment in Rehabilitation Services. Use state of the art equipment to improve overall functional outcome while maintaining the safety of patients and staff.
Occupational Therapists (OT) & Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTA) – Per Diem
FOR THERAPY HOUSE CALLS (outpatient services)
HSL specializes in geriatric physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology. Our therapists help seniors realize their full potential at all phases of life so that the senior years can be lived to their fullest. We are focused on providing care and support that will help seniors recover after an illness, manage chronic conditions, adjust to a new limitation, and support their goals for health and wellness.
We currently have exciting per diem opportunities for Occupational Therapists and Assistants to work with our new program called Therapy House Calls (THC) at Hebrew SeniorLife’s housing sites.Therapy House Calls allows residents of Hebrew SeniorLife to access outpatient therapy services within the comfort of their homes, under Medicare Part B.
Per diem Therapists are needed during weekdays two days per week, 4 to 6 hours per day and some weekends between the hours of 9am to 4pm.
· Evaluate clients, develop appropriate treatment goals and methods, implement the occupational therapy treatment plan, and complete all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services.
· Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
THC Specialty Programs - Solutions to Keep Patients Safe, and
· Fall Prevention
· Orthopedic Pre-Op
· Continence Improvement
· Vertigo Relief Techniques
· Safe Driving Consultations
· Lymphedema Management
· Osteoporosis Management
· Low Vision Consultations
· Home Safety Evaluations
· Power Scooter Assessment
· Pain Management
· Cognitive Retraining
· Dysphagia Management including NMES
· Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist or Assistant in Massachusetts
· Requires 2 years of previous experience in home care, outpatient services for elderly, or skilled nursing facility.
· Must be able to lift, pull, and pushing 50 (fifty) pounds.